Sometimes folks ask me, what parts I use on my freestyle drones and the last time that happened I promised I would write some blog articles describing my actual fleet.
In the second article in this series and I will describe my second race drone built with a commercial frame with a lifetime guarantee, the original Chameleon. My first article in this series was called X210 race drone and described the very first race drone I've built in detail.
The Chameleon was my second race drone. I built it in the second half of summer 2017, after having flown my X210 race drone for a while.
Let's check out the parts I've used in this drone build:
- Omnibus F4 Pro V3
- Typhoon32 V2 4in1 BLHeli_32 35A 2-6S ESC (I used the V1)
- 4x Emax RS2306 White Edition 2400KV 3-4S Racing Brushless Motor
- Armattan Chameleon 5" Frame
- 4 PCS Realacc M3*7+4.5 Flight Controller Anti-Vibration Fixed Screws
- 2x 2 Pair DALPROP T5045C Cyclone 5" 3 Blade Propeller
- RunCam Eagle 2 Pro (Audio, WDR, 800TVL, CMOS, FOV 170deg, 16:9 + 4:3) FPV Camera
- EWRF e708TM3 5.8G 48CH 25mW/200mW/600mW Switchable FPV Transmitter
- UFOFPV 5.8G LHCP RX/TX FPV Pagoda Antenna
- FrSky R-XSR Ultra SBUS/CPPM D16 16CH Mini Redundancy Receiver (1.5g)
- RunCam 3 64G HD 1080p/60fps NTSC/PAL (no longer produced)
- Panasonic TP RADIAL Alu Kondensator 2000μF Low-ESR
The links in the list above for the flight control and BLC point to a german shop. I would propose to buy the flight controller and BLC from a respectable shop in Europe to make sure they are built with a certain amount of quality control.
Besides the drone build these are some of the accessories I've used with it:
- iSDT SC-620 500W 20A MINI Smart LCD Battery Balance Charger
- Eachine VR D2 Pro 5 Inches 800*480 40CH 5.8G Diversity FPV Goggles
- 4x FPVRacing 1350mAh 5S 95C LiPo Batterie (XT60)