Sometimes folks ask me, what parts I use on my freestyle drones and the last time that happened I promised I would write some blog articles describing my actual fleet. In this first article I will describe the very first first race drone I've ever built but which I fly - rebuilt multiple times - to the present day.
The X210 was my first race drone. I built it the first time in summer 2017, after having flown another X210 together with my brother and we both decided that we both need a copter for our own.
I essentially rebuilt my brother's X210 using the same or nearly identical parts as he did. The drone performed really well over the last year and I still like to fly it, as it's the lightest 5" copter I have.
Let's check out the parts I've used in this drone build:
- Omnibus F4 Pro V3
- Racerstar RS30x4 30A Blheli_S 2-4S 4 in 1 Brushless ESC with 5V 3A SBEC
- 4x Emax RS2205-2300 2205 2300KV Racing Edition CW/CCW Motors
- Realacc X210 Pro 214mm 3K Carbon Fiber FPV Racing Frame 4mm
- 4 PCS Realacc M3*7+4.5 Flight Controller Anti-Vibration Fixed Screws
- Racerstar R5040X3 5040 3 Blade Propeller
- Runcam Swift Mini 130 Degree 2.5mm FPV Camera
- Realacc Carbon Fiber Battery Protection Board with Tie Down Strap
- RunCam Swift Mini Bracket Camera Mount Holder
- EWRF e708TM3 5.8G 48CH 25mW/200mW/600mW Switchable FPV Transmitter
- UFOFPV 5.8G LHCP RX/TX FPV Pagoda Antenna
- FrSky R-XSR Ultra SBUS/CPPM D16 16CH Mini Redundancy Receiver (1.5g)
- RunCam 3 64G HD 1080p/60fps NTSC/PAL (no longer produced)
- Panasonic TP RADIAL Alu Kondensator 2000μF Low-ESR
I have to mention that we are not really happy with the above cheap BLC from Banggood. We had 4 of them in total of which 3 have developed a defect after some time. I must mention that we are operating them outside of their specs. They are specified to be 4S capable, not 5S. But we flew them with 5S all the time. I'm pretty sure this did not really help. In the meantime we switched mostly to Typhoon 4in1 BLCs which are 6S capable.
Besides the drone build these are some of the accessories I've used with it:
- iSDT SC-620 500W 20A MINI Smart LCD Battery Balance Charger
- Eachine VR D2 Pro 5 Inches 800*480 40CH 5.8G Diversity FPV Goggles
- 4x FPVRacing 1350mAh 5S 95C LiPo Batterie (XT60)
Make sure to check out my article on my race drone backpack and it's contents, including my modified box goggle!