My own UAVP: Part 6 - It get's better
Created by Amir on the 19. May 2007 at 01:41 in UAVP | Permalink

Today the newest testflights have take place! I have to raport that our piloting skills are growing from non existant to the point of being quite miserable...

My brother was the first starting today and he was partly successful. His start was a bit shaky but when he got into the air he stayed there for a little while. Aproaching the trees he looses orientation and starts to correct into the wrong direction crashing streight into the bushes:

Get the Flash Plugin to see this movie.

Direct link: Download the FLV Movie, Download the DiVX5 Movie 24MB)

Then the problem arose how to recover the UAVP. It seemed lost in quite dense bushes which my brother didn't seem to mind and rushed trough them searching for the missing UAVP. In a short period of time he found it and brought it back:

Get the Flash Plugin to see this movie.

Direct link: Download the FLV Movie, Download the DiVX5 Movie (17MB)

After this my brother was out of the game for now and my time began...

I started my UAVP quite good and was able to hoover for some time in front of me. Then the UAVP aproached me a bit too much and I tried to stear against. This resulted in such a big changing angle that I automatically panic like an amateur and counter-steered even more in the other direction. It seems I steered a bit too much...

... the results were 1.5 loops and a defty crash:

Get the Flash Plugin to see this movie.

Direct link: Download the FLV Movie, Download the DiVX5 Movie (19MB)

After this I was out of the game and my brother who meanwhile recovered and fixed his dented UAVP took over. This time his flight was much more controled. He was in the air for a long time and finally landed when his battery run out:

Get the Flash Plugin to see this movie.

Direct link: Download the FLV Movie

The conclusions are that the new version 3.12 of the Wolferl software definitivly behaves different that the version before. The changes in the paramter P and D resulted in a very different flight behavior and will result in much parameter changing for us.

We both definitivly need more differential on the gier axis (it's oscilating!) and I surly need to lower the integral part of nick and roll, I don't want such a fast reaction to my flight control failures. And furthermore we both want to lower the proportional values of nick and roll too.

We will tune our settings and try out more in the days to come! Expect more of the story here in my blog.

Amir Guindehi's Blog

Bits and pieces of my digital life...

Syndication

Validation